Selling Mineral Rights
CP Royalties will strive to provide you with a fair market price and the best possible offer when you decide that sellling mineral rights is in your best interest. We understand that the sales process might seem intimidating for many first-time sellers if you don’t know how to sell mineral rights. As such, our team will guide and support you through every step of the sales process, and address any questions or concerns you may have.
Through our years of experience working on transactions of this nature, we have developed a streamlined approach to our acquisition process that makes selling mineral rights efficient and as hassle free as possible for interested sellers. In most cases we can evaluate opportunities and present offers to sellers within 1-3 days of receiving the necessary details, and in many cases we can close in as little as 15-30 days.
People choose to sell their mineral rights for a number of reasons, some of which include:
- Need for Immediate Cash To Pay Bills: There are times when receiving a lump-sum of cash that can be the equivalent to many years worth of payouts is necessary to pay off bills or put down a deposit on a house or car.
- Retirement: Selling mineral rights can be a great way to set-up your retirement fund.
- College Tuition: College tuition can be extremely costly, and selling your mineral rights can help with that.
- Emergency / Medical Expenses: Expenses can arise out of nowhere, but cashing in your mineral rights can help you pay them off.
- Tax Savings: Royalty income is typically taxed at a regular income tax rate, and these can be quite high if you’re in a higher income tax bracket.
- Estate Issues or Liquidation: Selling royalties prior to someone passing can save their heirs a lot of time and, potentially, money.
- Other Investment Opportunities: Selling mineral rights and then investing the money into other assets that don’t deplete, such as real estate or diversifying your risk by investing in a stock portfolio or mutual funds.
- Complexity of Managing Royalties: Managing your royalties can sometimes be a major headache, and selling them off can make things much easier.
States of Interest
Examples of the Formations We Target:
Anadarko Basin, Bakken Shale, Barnett Shale, Eaglebine Shale, Eagleford Shale, Fayetteville Shale, Granite Wash, Marcellus Shale, Mississippian / Mississippi Limestone, Niobrara Shale, Permian Basin, Tuscaloosa Marine Shale, Utica Shale, Woodford Shale